NewsJanuary 6, 2020
Capital Region Chamber Seeks Vice President, Finance and Operations
Position serves as a member of the senior management team and reports to the Chamber’s President and CEO
- Financial management
- Management of contracts and agreements
- Facility management
- Oversight of Human Resources processes and Information Technology
The organization includes a parent and subsidiary companies.
- Monitor and maintain all accounting policies, financial procedures and internal controls to ensure adherence to accounting standards and integrity of the organization’s financial information.
- Direct all aspects of the organization’s financial performance including planning and preparation of the annual budget, the performance of internal audits, monitoring of cash flow and investment priorities and any other financial matters.
- Supervise three professional staff.
- Provide and present reports to demonstrate performance versus budget and overall financial health of the Chamber and related entities.
- Manage relationships with auditors, banks and investment advisors.
- Ensure timely and accurate filing of all required documents and tax returns.
- Monitor contract compliance including reconciliations, reporting and auditing.
- Conduct annual review of all insurances. Oversee timely renewal with insurance agencies.
- Monitor the efficient running of facilities. Review lease agreements as required.
- Oversee in-house and contracted Information Technology services in this area.
- Oversee Health Insurance third-party administer relationships and the reconciliation of their work.
- Serve as a fiduciary for the 401(k) plan. Ensure all statutory reporting is timely and accurate.
- Oversee human resource procedures and payroll.
- Work with CEO on organizational policies and procedures including, benefits and training.
- Work on special projects and address matters requested by CEO.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, CPA preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience with progressive responsibilities in financial and organizational management.
- Excellent project management, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Effective communication skills, including the ability to write and present financial information.
- Supervisory experience.
- Microsoft Office programs, Excel, Database Management, QuickBooks
- Knowledge of HR processes and labor laws including EEO, ADA, FMLA, ERISA.
- Experience as an employee or board member of a non-profit organization helpful.
ABOUT THE CAPITAL REGION CHAMBER
The Capital Region Chamber represents 2,900-member for-profit and non-profit business members that employ more than 160,000 area residents. The Chamber provides leadership and advocacy to advance the economic well-being of the region, as well as provide broad-based member services. The Chamber is a catalyst for prosperity and is a force for change to provide greater influence and opportunities for its members and our Capital Region communities. The organization has a $4.2MM budget and 23 staff members.
The Capital Region Chamber is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Letter of application and resume should be sent to Chamber President and CEO Mark Eagan at [email protected].
Only candidates being considered will be contacted.