BIPOC (Black, Indigenous and People of Color)
Building a business is uniquely personal. It takes courage, focus, and often access to resources, funding and expertise. Building a vibrant regional community with shared prosperity for everyone takes vision and a focus on equity. The Capital Region Chamber, together with its funding partners (Business For Good, KeyBank and CDPHP The Foundation) recognizes that shared prosperity cannot be realized until every member of our community has equitable access to opportunities.
The Capital Region Chamber’s BIPOC Business Growth (BBG) initiative provides targeted, customized, no-cost assistance and growth acceleration support to small and mid-sized BIPOC-owned businesses in the Capital Region with:
- One-on-One consultations and assistance;
- Individualized support, expertise and solutions;
- Connections to resources and experts through an extensive network of community partners;
- Opportunities for education, skills, building, networking and B2B introductions; and
- Assistance with the NYS MWBE certification process.
How does it work?
Chamber membership is NOT required. If you would like to learn more, please fill out the inquiry form to be connected with Danielle Davis, Director BIPOC Business Growth.
The Advisory Council comprises members of the community who serve as resources providing support, guidance and insight. They are reflective of the businesses and communities to be served and possess a wide range of complementary skills, experience, perspectives, and networks that will contribute to the success of the BBG initiative.