Apply to Leadership Tech Valley
Each class is comprised of a diverse group of participants with a mix of backgrounds, experiences, interests and learning styles. Class members will have the opportunity to:
- Forge strong relationships and gain a network of extensive contacts among classmates, alumni, the steering committee and session-day presenters
- Meet and interact with some of the most well-known and highly effective local leaders throughout the Capital Region
- Explore community issues and exchange ideas with classmates and community experts
- Test and improve personal leadership and team skills by working on a class project to benefit our community
- Be viewed as current/emerging leaders within their own organizations and the community
- Identify areas of interest and opportunities for personal involvement in community organizations and board service
Commitment and Cost
Participation at the two-day opening retreat and full day closing session is mandatory. Participants are not permitted to be absent from more than two monthly sessions.
In addition, each participant is required to attend 7 experientials outside of class time in order to graduate from the program. Experiential opportunities are coordinated by program leaders and give participants a deeper understanding of nonprofits and for-profit businesses and how they affect the community. Examples include touring various businesses or organizations, attending meetings of local government or volunteering for a community-based organization.
Each Leadership Tech Valley class must reach consensus and come together as a whole to complete a community service project; 100 percent class participation is required.
Participating in the Leadership Tech Valley Program is an investment in you, in your business and in the future of our region, and therefore requires a commitment by participants as well as their employers.
- $2,300 for small, community-based Capital Region Chamber member nonprofit organizations, and self-employed individuals
- $2,700 for Capital Region Chamber members
- $3,100 for non-members
Tuition covers program costs for the opening retreat, all monthly sessions, meals, resource materials and graduation.
A limited number of partial scholarships are available based on need. Requests for financial assistance will not affect consideration for acceptance.
“Leadership Tech Valley has given me deeper access to regional issues, institutions and individuals, plus an even greater appreciation for where I live and work.”
James J. Salengo | Downtown Schenectady Improvement Corporation
|Founding Sponsor||Presenting Sponsor|