NewsJune 13, 2019
United Way of the Greater Capital Region Announces Annual Awards Recipients
United Way of the Greater Capital Region (UWGCR) hosted its Annual Awards on May 29 highlighted by the announcement of the Capital Region Philanthropist of the Year and the induction of the inaugural class of the Capital Region Philanthropy Hall of Fame.
More than 400 guests attended the event at Albany’s Capital Center.
Albany Can Code’s Annmarie Lanesey was announced as the first-ever Capital Region Philanthropist of the Year.
Inductees into the inaugural class of the Capital Region Philanthropy Hall of Fame were:
- Dr. Shirley Ann Jackson and Dr. Morris Washington
- Neil and Jane * Golub
Albany Med President & CEO Jim Barba presented Dr. Jackson and Dr. Washington for induction.
CBS 6’s Liz Bishop presented the Golubs.
United Way top workplace campaign awards went to:
- Excellence in Giving ($500,000 and up) GE Family of Givers
- Inspirational Giving ($200,000-$500,000) Naval Nuclear Laboratory
Golub Corporation and Price Chopper/Market 32 Teammates
- Leader in Giving ($100,000-$200,000) Capital District Transportation Authority, Hannaford Supermarkets, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and UPS
- Partner in Giving ($50,000-$100,000) Enterprise Holdings, KeyBank, Momentive Performance Materials, MVP Health Care, National Grid, New York Independent System Operator and SABIC
- United Way Newcomer Fidelis Health Care
- Labor Appreciation Amalgamated Transit Union 1321
- Campaign of Distinction Capital District Transportation Authority
- Campaign Manager of the Year Doty Hall, Golub Corporation, Price Chopper/Market 32 Teammates
- Community Impact NBT Bank
- President’s Award Northwestern Mutual, Tronco Financial Group
Nominations for the Capital Region Philanthropist of the Year were received from the community during February and reviewed by a community panel. The three finalists were:
- Jeff Buell, Do the Next Good Thing
- Tracie Killar, South End Children’s Café
- Annmarie Lanesey, Albany Can Code
United Way fights for the health, education and financial stability of every person in every community. To learn more, www.unitedwaygcr.org.
*of blessed memory