NewsNovember 17, 2022
Stuyvesant Plaza to Celebrate Small Business Saturday on Nov. 26
Stuyvesant Plaza today announced plans to launch the holiday shopping season with a slate of Small Business Saturday specials from its many independently owned retailers and restaurants on Saturday, Nov. 26 from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. One of the nation’s original outdoor shopping venues, Stuyvesant Plaza features an eclectic mix of more than 60 shops, services and dining destinations.
“Pearl Grant Richmans is very happy to participate in Small Business Saturday,” said Barry Richman, owner of Pearl Grant Richmans. “Through our customers’ support we are able to continue to offer a superior shopping experience, while giving back to the local community with charitable contributions like those we’ve been making to the Empire State Youth Orchestra and the Albany Symphony for more than 63 years. As a small business, we welcome the opportunity to serve the Capital Region.”
Small Business Saturday organizers estimate that 67 cents of every dollar spent in a small business stays in the local community, and that small businesses donate 250% more than larger businesses to local nonprofits and community causes.
The “shop small” counterpart to Black Friday, Small Business Saturday is a national initiative founded by American Express in 2010, designed to encourage holiday shopping at independently owned stores. The celebrated day has gained momentum in the last 12 years for small businesses across the country, with Small Business Saturday spending reaching a record $23.3 billion in 2021.
Small Business Saturday specials at Stuyvesant Plaza will include:
- BARE Blends: 20% off retail items and 15% off smoothies and salads
- Beck Furs: 10% off fur-trimmed boots and 20% off regularly priced items
- Circles: 30% off all coats
- Delmar Bootery: 15% off select merchandise
- Different Drummer’s Kitchen: 20% off regularly priced Le Creuset items and 20% off regularly priced items
- DiNapoli Opticians: 30% off select non-prescription sunwear
- Felthousen’s Florist: 10% off any purchase
- Frank Adams Jewelers: Free jewelry cleaning and free jewelry inspections
- Hippo’s Home Entertainment: 10% off any television
- Mr. Fuji Sushi: 15% off entire meal
- Pearl Grant Richmans: 10% off purchase of $50 or more, plus double rewards points on all purchases for VIP Members
- RAD Soap Co.: 20% off purchase of $65 or more, and a free gift with a purchase of $85 or more
- The Silver Parrot: Free pair of earrings with a purchase of $40 or more; 15% off all holiday themed jewelry
- Stride Rite: 25% off select hikers and select fashion boots
- ta-da!: $10 off a purchase of $50 or more; $20 off a purchase of $100 or more; and free gift with purchase while supplies last
- Ten Thousand Villages: 20% off entire purchase
A complete list of offers can be found at StuyvesantPlaza.com. Deals are subject to change at the discretion of the business owner.
“Small Business Saturday is so important to local businesses like ours,” said Sue Kerber, owner of RAD Soap Co. “Stuyvesant Plaza is such a unique destination that we see people from all over the state stopping in to shop with us on this day. Many of these customers are like family, and they love being part of RAD Soap’s growth over the last 12 years from farmers markets to a storefront with distribution at major outlets. Small Business Saturday is a great way for the community to show they care about their local shops, and for local businesses to give back to the community.”
“We welcome all to enjoy a wonderfully unique shopping experience at Stuyvesant Plaza this holiday season, and there’s no better time to start finding inspiration than on Small Business Saturday,” said Stuyvesant Plaza General Manager Rachel Ferluge. “With fantastic deals and an abundance of options, there’s sure to be a gift for everyone on your list at our independently owned stores. Best of all, you know that when you shop small, you’re supporting the local community and keeping dollars right here in the Capital Region.”
Small Business Saturday’s reach boosts business to local storefronts year-round while supporting the regional economy. In an American Express survey, 66% of respondents reported that the day makes them want to shop small all year long, and 70% reported Small Business Saturday makes them want to encourage others to shop at small, independently owned retailers.
Stuyvesant Plaza is conveniently located at the corner of Western Avenue and Fuller Road in Albany. Hours are Monday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Sunday from noon to 5 p.m. Beginning Friday, Nov. 25 through Friday, Dec. 23 the Plaza will be open from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Friday and Saturday and from noon to 6 p.m. on Sunday. Restaurant, bank and post office hours may vary.