NewsOctober 10, 2018
New Benefits and High Star Ratings for CDPHP Medicare Offerings
As local seniors prepare to shop for health care coverage, CDPHP is thrilled to announce that the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has ranked its Medicare HMO* plan and Medicare PPO plan with overall Star Ratings of 4.5 out of 5 stars, among the highest in New York state and the nation.
Medicare Star Ratings provide consumers with valuable information needed to compare health plans. Each year, CMS rates Medicare plans on a scale of 1 to 5 stars, with 5 stars representing the highest quality. The Star Rating System is an important feature of the Medicare Advantage program, as it encourages health insurers to strive for higher quality, which results in members receiving better care.
“At CDPHP, we understand that individuals have a choice when it comes to selecting a Medicare plan. We remain deeply committed to providing outstanding quality and service, and I’m very pleased that these efforts have once again been recognized by CMS. In the end, our success is ultimately achieved when our members are healthy, happy, safe, and secure,” said CDPHP president and CEO, John D. Bennett, MD.
The overall scores are based on several key categories, including:
• Staying healthy: screening tests and vaccines
• Managing chronic (long-term) conditions
• Member experience with the drug and health plan
• Member complaints, problems getting services, and improvement in the drug and health plan’s performance
• Health plan customer service
New for 2019
Effective January 1, CDPHP Medicare members will have access to the following:
• Doctor On Demand live video doctor visits – Rather than wait at an urgent care or emergency room for minor ailments, members will have access to a board-certified physician 24 hours per day, 7 days a week via their smartphone, tablet, or desktop computer.
• CaféWell personalized wellness programming – Medicare members will now be eligible to earn Life Points® rewards in the form of gift cards from a variety of popular retailers for completing personalized, healthy activities.
• Weight management program coverage – Programs such as Weight Watchers and Next Steps are eligible for a $75 reimbursement for all CDPHP Medicare members. Next Steps, a functional fitness program, is offered through the Rudy A. Ciccotti Family Recreation Center.
The annual election period for Medicare runs from October 15 to December 7, 2018.
*The HMO plan is offered to individuals and employer groups; while the PPO plan is offered through employer groups. Every year, Medicare evaluates plans based on a 5-star rating system.