NewsJune 9, 2020
Clifton Park-Halfmoon Public Library Begins Staged Reopening
The Clifton Park-Halfmoon Public Library will begin a multi-stage reopening on Monday, June 15. In this initial stage, patrons may return checked out items during limited hours. Due dates for all currently checked out materials have been extended to July 20. Contactless pickup and continued returns will begin on Monday, June 22, barring any new restrictions. The building will remain closed to the public during these first two stages. The length of Stage Two will be determined as the situation progresses and all dates and hours are subject to change, based on the current situation.
“We are pleased to finally be able to offer physical services to our patrons, even if it is in a limited capacity,” says Library Director Alex Gutelius. “We appreciate the patience, understanding, and kind words of support from the public during this time.”
Additional changes in service are as follows:
- Book drops will remain closed. Bins will be placed outside of the Library for books, movies, and other items.
- Hours for drop off are Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 11 am-3 pm and Tuesday and Thursday from 3-7 pm. Books returns may be suspended for the day if maximum capacity is reached.
- Returned materials will be quarantined for three days; please allow 3-5 business days for your library account to be updated. No late fees will accrue during this time.
- Reference hours will be offered in conjunction with the above listed service hours.
- Library programming will continue to be offered virtually.
- No Inter Library Loan will be offered at this time.
- Donations cannot be accepted at this time.
- Online resources and catalog will be available 24/7 on the Library website cphlibrary.org.
- We encourage patrons to follow us on social media for updates.
The Clifton Park-Halfmoon Public Library, located in Southern Saratoga County, provides materials, programs, and services to the residents of Clifton Park and Halfmoon. The Library at 475 Moe Road in Clifton can be reached by phone at 518-371-8622 and online at www.cphlibrary.org.