NewsFebruary 12, 2019
Albany Institute to Offer Free Admission on President’s Day
The Albany Institute of History & Art will offer free admission to the galleries on Monday, February 18, 2019 from 10AM–5PM. This free admission day is sponsored by M&T Bank.
Current exhibitions include
- Bejeweled and Bedazzled: Jewelry and Personal Adornment
- Shape and Shadow: The Sculpture of Larry Kagan
- Heavy Metal: Cast Iron Stoves of the Capital Region
- Joan Steiner’s Look-Alikes (LAST DAY!)
- The Hudson River School: Landscape Paintings from the Albany Institute
- Ancient Egypt
- Traders & Culture: Albany and the Formation of American Identity
Guests are invited to participate in drop-in art making in the Art Studio from 10AM-4:30PM. The project will consist of creating images of George Washington inspired by a very special cast iron stove on view in the exhibition Heavy Metal: Cast Iron Stoves of the Capital Region.
Families can also explore the museum using the Family Discovery Tour, powered by AT&T. This fun, interactive tour is available through visitors’ cell phones or smart devices.
The Museum Shop and Museum Cafe will also be open for guests to enjoy.
VISITORS SHOULD CHECK MUSEUM WEBSITE FOR ANY CLOSINGS OR DELAYS DUE TO WEATHER.