NewsMay 2, 2019
Jobs Don’t Have a Gender!
The New England-New York Carpenters Apprentice Training Fund and the Sisters in the Brotherhood, are offering a Pre-Apprentice Program, which can lead to a five-year apprenticeship program with the carpenters’ union allowing you to earn while you learn. The Sisters are particularly supportive of women and minorities who never thought about carpentry as a career. The Pre-Apprentice Program allows for a trial period to find out if carpentry fits your career path.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- High school graduate or equivalent recognized by local school authorities. Please bring a copy of your high school transcript, GED and/or college transcripts with you.
- Physically able to perform work (stand, lift, bend).
- Driver’s license and reliable transportation to and from jobsites and school.
- Willing to submit to and pass a drug test upon acceptance.
- If applicant is a veteran, a copy of DD-214 is required.
The six-week program is beginning in June and will run until mid-July. For more information regarding upcoming information sessions in May, please contact Melissa Clark 732-215-5341 or [email protected]. Thank you.