NewsApril 19, 2018
The Retail Council Provides Free iPad Offer for Capital Region Chamber Members
The Capital Region Chamber partners with the Retail Council of New York State to offer members discounted credit card processing and equipment. They have more than 30 years of experience analyzing statements to help businesses decrease their processing costs.
The Retail Council is offering Chamber members a free iPad when you enroll in the Council processing program and use one of their point-of-sale (POS) software systems. They have POS systems for a variety of business types, including retail, cafes, restaurants, bars and museums.
Vend point-of-sale software includes inventory management, ecommerce and customer loyalty for iPad, Mac and PC so you can easily manage and build your business in the cloud. It offers all the tools you need to run your business. Below are some of Vend’s features:
- Sell online and offline. Vend continues to work even if your Internet connection doesn’t.
- Keep your hardware. Vend often works with the barcode scanners, cash drawers and receipt printers you own.
- Powerful inventory management that simplifies purchase orders, transfers and stock-takes.
- Your data is safe. Vend uses the same technology your bank does to keep your data updated and secure.
- Organize your customer info with flexible reporting tools.
- Vend is completely portable. Use it with your iPad.
- Your dashboard gives you an instant snapshot of sales and products across all your locations.
- Vend integrates with Xero and QuickBooks online accounting software.
Lavu is the world’s leading mobile POS for restaurants and bars. Here are some features of Lavu:
Front of House
- Tab Preauthorizations: Customers pay for their drinks at the start of the night, preventing forgotten cards.
- Check Splitting: Split even the most complicated of checks.
- Gratuity Suggestions: Select automatic gratuity suggestions to speed up the payment process.
- Happy Hour Feature: Set automatic percentage or dollar discounts during certain times.
- Restaurant Layout Customization: Keep track of open tables, open orders, and payment status.
- Go Green: Reduce your waste by emailing receipts.
- Customer Database: Look up customers by name, email address, or phone number.
- Ease of Use: Training to use Lavu takes just 20 minutes. If you know how to use an iPad, you already know how to use Lavu.
Back of House
- Kitchen Display System: Send orders to the kitchen with the press of a button. Tickets appear in the kitchen on a large-screen monitor.
Lavu On The Go
- Online Ordering: Customers can place online orders using Lavu ToGo.
- Delivery: GPS-based delivery system ensures order will arrive at customers’ doorstep ASAP.
- Lavu Pilot App: Use the app to see how business is going no matter where you are.
- Date Storage: Cloud-based, endless storage with no risk of data loss
- Offline Mode: If your Internet goes down you can continue taking orders using the offline mode
- Access Levels: Set restrictions on who can perform which functions, like refunds or discounts
- Multiple Location Reporting: Check detailed reports on everything from labor to sales to activity
- Shift Scheduling: Managers can schedule shifts, and staff can trade shifts, clock in, and clock out
- Real Time Inventory: Keep track of inventory levels and find out when you’re running low on
The Retail Council also offers mobile processing and countertop terminals. Visit their credit card processing web page for more details.
Contact Nicholl or Carly at the Retail Council to schedule a free POS demo, or to get more information: (800) 442-3589, [email protected], [email protected]. You can also visit their website to request a savings analysis at www.rcnys.com/save.