NewsFebruary 12, 2018
Albany Institute of History & Art to Offer Free Admission on Presidents’ Day
The Albany Institute of History & Art will offer free admission to the galleries on Monday, February 19, 2018 from 10AM–5PM. This free admission day is sponsored by M&T Bank.
Current exhibitions include
- Well-Dressed in Victorian Albany: 19th Century Fashion from the Albany Institute Collection (extended through May 20, 2018)
- Paintings of Addy®: Dahl Taylor’s Original Illustrations for American Girl
- The Hudson River School: Landscape Paintings from the Albany Institute
- Spotlight: Albany & Anti-Suffrage
- The Fashionable Portrait
- Ancient Egypt
- Traders & Culture: Albany and the Formation of American Identity.
Guests are invited to participate in drop-in art making in the Art Studio from 10AM-4:30PM. The project will be a collage of presidential images.
Families can also explore the museum using the new Family Discovery Tour, powered by AT&T. This fun, interactive tour is available through visitors’ cell phones or smart devices.
The Museum Shop and Crisan Cafe will also be open for guests to enjoy.