Set out on a journey full of dramatic contrasts. Discover Iceland, a land forged by fire and ice. Steaming lava fields reflect a volcanic nature. Massive glaciers sculpt mountains and valleys, leaving thundering waterfalls and plunging fjords. Enjoy Iceland’s most renowned natural wonders on this 9-day journey of dramatic landscapes and white sand beaches. Set sail among the huge icebergs in the picturesque scenery of Jökulsárlón Glacial Lagoon. Experience Thingvellir National Park. Take part in a guided cave tour 100 feet below ground to an 8,000-year-old lava tube, where you will experience total darkness and see amazing lava formations.
Tour highlights include Reykjavik, Thingvellir National Park, Gulfoss waterfall, Eyjafjallajökull Volcano Visitor Center & Blue Lagoon.
- Gain a local’s perspective of Reykjavik on a walking tour
- Travel to the Golden Circle, one of many of Iceland’s natural wonders.
- Journey to the spectacular Gullfoss waterfall.
- Savor Icelandic cuisine at a popular restaurant.
- Try an Icelandic delicacy-cured “hakare.”
- Choose between a lava cave adventure or walking the lava fields.
- Learn about the 400-year-old tradition of catching and preserving Greenland shark.
- Explore Skogar Folk Museum, covering all aspects of Icelandic life.
For more information or to register for this trip, please contact Jean Gagnon, Plaza Travel Center, at 518.785.3338 or firstname.lastname@example.org.