“Employ-Abilities” for All Skill Levels: A Talent, Diversity & Inclusion ForumJune 15, 2018
7:45am - 9:00am
The Chamber Annual Dinner recognized the work of John Robinson, CEO, Our Ability, for championing the untapped talents and abilities of our region’s citizens with disabilities. Mr. Robinson’s message resonated with many attendees and spurred dialogue among Chamber members, asking for ways to get involved and learn more.
The Capital Region’s unemployment rate currently stands at 4%, while the unemployment rate for people with disabilities is 70%. This is a significant segment of the labor market that is often overlooked. There are people who can fill positions at all levels within your organization, from entry- level to managerial.
Join us for a one-hour session designed to provide attendees with greater insights to being more disability inclusive.
At the forum you will:
- Hear from experts who will share their individual and organizational experiences with hiring individuals with disabilities
- Gain an understanding of the wealth of talent, education and skill levels within this untapped segment of the workforce
- Acquire information on the network of locally available resources that can assist you in expanding your current candidate pool to include qualified applicants with disabilities
- John Robinson, CEO, Our Ability
- Annmarie Lanesey, President, Greane Tree Technology and Founder, Albany Can Code
- Mike Miller, Vice President, HR Operations, Golub Corporation
Location:Capital Region Chamber
5 Computer Drive South Colonie , NY