May 29- June 7, 2020
Special Travel Presentation
December 13, 2017 | 6 p.m.
Capital Region Chamber Albany Office
5 Computer Drive South, Colonie, NY 12205
RSVP to Sharon Cutler at 518.431.1436 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Set out to experience Switzerland, Austria, Bavaria and the Oberammergau Passion Play. The tour begins in Bern, the capital of Switzerland and a UNESCO World Heritage site nestled in the Swiss countryside. Cross the border into Bavaria, Germany to the village of Oberammergau and witness a performance of the epic Passion play. The original performance dates back to 1634. The performers of this one-in-a-decade event are all native to the village, lending to the authenticity of the performance.
Tour highlights include: Bern, Château de Chillon, Montreux, GoldenPass Panoramic Train, Gstaad, Lucerne, Innsbruck, Austrian Alps, Salzburg, Mirabell Gardens, St. Peter’s Restaurant, Bavaria, Oberammergau Passion Play, Linderhof Palace, Fussen, Neuschwanstein Castle
- Witness a performance of the Oberammergau Passion Play
- Enjoy exploring Salzburg’s historic and charming Old Town
- Visit Linderhof Palace, one of the most artistic and stylistically complex ensembles of the 19th century
- Savor a dinner featuring local cuisine and traditional cheese fondue
- Delight in dinner at the 1,200-year-old St. Peter’s Restaurant, Austria’s oldest
- Enjoy traditional cuisine in one of Bern’s great restaurants
- Ride the GoldenPass Panoramic Train from Montreux to Gstaad
- Walk the halls of the legendary, medieval Château de Chillon, beautifully located on the shores of Lake Geneva
- Enjoy a walking tour of Lucerne’s Altstadt (Old Town)
For more information or to register for this trip, please contact Jean Gagnon, Plaza Travel Center, at 518.785.3338 or email@example.com.